BONUS OFFER – INCLUDES 4 FREE TIRES FOR ULTRA-VERSATILITY!
This is the Traxxas TRX-4 Scale and Trail RC Crawler with the Traxx off-road track system, now with deep terrain tracks! Hit the trail fully outfitted for fun and adventure. Engineered for grip everywhere and ultimate off-road capability, Traxxas elevates this truck higher and wider than any other TRX-4 model. Plus its factory-equipped with powerful lighting and a full array of performance parts and scale detail accessories. The fully-painted body with clear windows further enhances the realism.
Requires: Battery and charger – see recommended items at bottom
Outfitted with Traxx, the TRX-4 transforms into an all-terrain monster. The enormous contact patch and grippy treads shrug off the deepest mud and float across sand. Traxx increases ground clearance and approach angles to let you straddle even larger obstacles and climb steeper grades without breaking a sweat.
LED Light Kit Pre-Installed
The pre-installed LED light kit features headlights, taillights, and a wide 28-LED rack-mounted light bar. Fully waterproof for all-weather adventure, the LED light kit keeps the fun going long after the sun sets. The injection molded grill and tailgate feature integrated lenses for additional scale detail and rugged functionality.
The TRX-4 Traxx Edition includes an entire complement of scale accessories. The tough and functional Expedition Rack comes outfitted with a replica snorkel, side mirrors, traction boards, fire extinguisher, jack, and canisters for extreme scale detail. Inner fenders and clear windows give the TRX-4 a realistic appearance for maximum impact.
TRX-4 Traxx Crawler Features
- Tough, Lightweight Pickup Truck Body
- Low profile bumpers for increased clearance
- Red differential covers and D-rings
- Clear windows
- Scale Accessories
- Rugged Expedition Rack with detailed accessories
- Tough inner fenders
- Injection-molded snorkel, side mirrors, and grilles
- All-Terrain Traxx
- Virtually unstoppable traction on practically any terrain
- Oil-filled coilover dampers to control rotational movement
- Suspended road wheels allow treads to conform to irregular surfaces
- Specially designed one-piece rubber treads resist de-tracking
- Longer rear Traxx drive units for steep climbing stability
- Designed for all-weather fun
- Sealed bearings on drive wheels
- Low-maintenance self-lubricating bushings on guide wheels
- LED Light Kit
- Sealed waterproof design
- Color-coded power distribution block for easy and secure connections
- Traxxas LED lighting module
- Regulated to provide consistent and reliable power output
- Eliminates overheating, glitching, and other electronics issues
- Portal Axles
- Increase ground clearance
- Eliminate torque twist
- Steel gears
- Improve axle geometry and reduce strain on driveshafts
- Trail-Tuned XL-5 HV Waterproof Electronic Speed Control
- Fully waterproof design
- Five drive profiles
- Sport Mode – forward / brake / reverse
- Race Mode – forward / brake / no reverse
- Training Mode – 50% forward / 100% brake / 50% reverse (patented)
- Trail Mode – forward / brake / reverse / with trail-tuned drag brake in neutral
- Crawl Mode – forward / instant reverse – no neutral with 100% hill holding brake
- Traxxas EZ-Set one-button setup
- Large, efficient heat sink
- Wide voltage latitude 6-7 cell NiMH (7.2-8.4V) and 23s LiPo (7.4-11.1V)
- Two stage low voltage protection (LVD)
- Powerful Titan 21T reverse rotation motor with internal cooling fan
- Precise preset gear mesh adjustments
- Motor retention separate from gear mesh
- Rigid Steel Frame
- 1.5mm thick steel frame rails increase torsional rigidity
- Innovative design allows four wheelbase positions (300mm, 312mm, 324mm, 336mm)
- Adjustable rear shock tower positions for SWB and LWB configurations
- Bumpers adjust fore and aft
- Rugged rock rails adjust for width
- Wire routing clips integrated into frame rails
- Full-time shaft driven 4-wheel drive
- Tough 6mm stub axles
- Steel front CV driveshafts
- Hardened steel rear axle shafts
- Spool-locked front and rear differentials
- Steel gear transfer case
- Innovative Battery Compartment
- Hinged battery strap allows quick and easy battery access
- No pins to lose
- Accommodates different height batteries
- Accepts full-size long battery packs
- Secondary forward battery tray accepts smaller 1/16 scale batteries (with optional strap)
- Single-speed with steel gears
- Dual horizontal shafts
- Twin friction plate slipper clutch
- Easily removed for servicing
- Chassis mounted 2075X metal gear digital servo
- Superior 45-degree steering angle
- Direct steering (no servo saver)
- Steering geometry corrected for bump steer
- Front – 3 link with panhard
- Rear – triangulated 4 link
- Heavy-duty rod ends with steel hollow balls
- 5mm diameter steel link rods with 4mm threaded ends
- Aluminum GTS Shocks
- Oil-filled coilover GTS shocks exclusive to TRX-4 chassis
- Silver-anodized aluminum bodies
- Threaded bodies with collars easily adjust ride height
- Silky smooth damping for the toughest trails
- O-ring cap seal and dual X-ring shaft seals
- TQ 2.4GHz 2-channel transmitter
- Patented O-Ring Sealed Watertight Receiver Box Keeps the Micro Receiver Dry
- Sealed Ball Bearings
- Hex Hardware with Rust-Resistant Black Oxide Coating
Rugged TRX-4 Chassis Design
The TRX-4 tramples the status quo with extreme versatility and off-road capability. Performance and technology combine in a revolutionary chassis that looks as good as it performs.
Improved Ground Clearance
Traxx add over 16 mm of ground clearance to the TRX-4. Functioning similar to portal weights, Traxx position weight down low for improved stability. The Traxx Edition also has an effectively longer wheelbase that increases the breakover angle for additional stability while climbing up steep grades.
Traxx is the ultimate high performance track solution that features an adjustable tension wheel to keep the treads tight while suspended road wheels conform to surface irregularities. Oil-filled dampers control rotational movements to keep the treads glued to the surface. Learn More.
LED Light Kit
Rugged and fully waterproof, the installed LED light kit features a chassis-mounted LED lighting module for modular expandability as well as consistent and reliable power output. The included headlights, tail lights, and 28-LED rooftop light bar open the door to night trail runs for added adventure.
Torque Twist Eliminated
The portal axles use gear reduction at the wheels to virtually eliminate torque twist. The Titan 550 motor’s torque translates into straight, powerful, forward motion, rather than wasted energy twisting your rig right off the rocks.
When negotiating a slick rock face or powering through a mud bog, traction is king. The TRX-4 comes locked and loaded with differential spools in the front and rear for ultimate grip when you need it most. Locked differentials improve flotation over soft surfaces such as sand by keeping your tracks travelling at the same speed so that a slower moving track does not dig down into the surface.
Single Speed Transmission
The single speed transmission in the Traxx Edition is already set up for most driving conditions with Traxx. Steel gears provide Traxxas-Tough durability and virtually maintenance-free operation.
Rigid Steel Frame
A heavy-duty formed-steel ladder frame with molded cross members creates an extremely rigid backbone. The thicker steel combined with the cross members provide a difference you can feel on the trails when navigating punishing, twisting terrain.
GTS Aluminum Shocks
Oil-filled coil-over GTS shocks deliver silky-smooth damping performance and feature threaded aluminum shock bodies for easy ride height adjustments. The convincing scale realism looks great and they perform even better.
3s Power System
The XL-5 HV electronic speed control brings 3s LiPo capability for strong efficient running. The powerful 21T Titan motor provides torque to tackle the steepest climbs and all-out speed on flat terrain. This efficient system provides extended run time when using a Traxxas 3s 5000mAh iD LiPo battery pack!
TQ Radio System
Comfortable and precise, the easy-to-use TQ radio system features the reliability you expect from Traxxas. The TQ’s advanced programming provides long-range control with smooth, glitch-free performance.
The TRX-4 is fully waterproof, not “splash resistant.” There is a big difference. Traxxas’ patented innovation gives you the freedom to tackle creeks, snow, and mud without worrying about water in your electronics.
TRX-4 Traxx Truck Specifications
Length: 21.93 inches (557mm)
Front Track: 10.48 inches (266 mm)
Rear Track: 10.48 inches (266 mm)
Ground Clearance: 3.54 inches (90 mm)
Weight: 8.71lbs (3.95 kg)
Height: 10.29 inches (261 mm)
Wheelbase: 12.28 inches (312mm)
Approach Angle: 76°
Departure Angle: 76°
Breakover Angle: 81°
Front Shock Length: 3.54 inches (90mm)
Rear Shock Length: 3.54 inches (90mm)
Battery Tray: 158.75 L x 47 W x 23/26mm H
Speed Control: XL-5 HV
Motor (electric): 21T Reverse Rotation
Transmission: Single Speed
Gear Pitch: 32P
Differential Type: Spool (no differential)
Chassis Structure / Material: Steel Ladder Frame with Nylon Composite Crossmembers
Brake Type: Electronic Hill Hold
Drive System: Shaft Driven 4WD
Steering: Chassis Mounted Servo
Servo: 2075X Metal Gear
Transmitter: TQ 2.4GHz 2-Channel Transmitter
Skill Level: 2
AA batteries for transmitter
6-7-cell NiMH flat pack or 2-3S LiPo battery