This is the Traxxas Slash VXL Brushless 2WD Ready-to-Race 1/10 Scale Short Course RC Truck with Traxxas Stability Management (TSM) and TQi 2.4GHz Link radio system (Traxxas Bluetooth Link Module Compatible – Module sold separately). The truck is capable of 40MPH with using a 7-cell NiMH battery, or 60+MPH with a 3S LiPo!Battery and charger are sold separately.
Traxxas Stability Management
Traxxas Stability Management (TSM) allows you to experience all the extreme power, speed, and acceleration that was engineered into the Slash VXL by making it much easier to control on common slippery surfaces such as loose dirt, smooth concrete, and even ice and snow. Punch it off the line and TSM goes to work sensing the vehicles direction and making steering corrections to provide straight-ahead full-throttle acceleration without fishtailing, spinouts, and loss of control. TSM also works during cornering, first making intuitive corrections to maintain your line, and then allowing you to hammer the throttle earlier in the turn for much faster exit speeds. Braking is dramatically improved as TSM works to keep you arrow straight until you come to a complete stop. TSM acts as your on-board co-pilot in the vehicle that feels what the vehicle is doing and makes corrections for vehicle movements that you cannot even detect, well before the vehicle gets out of control.
Traxxas TSM gives you all the benefits modern electronic stabilization has to offer without intruding on your driving fun. Traxxas engineers developed superior tuning algorithms that run on high-speed, precision electronic components to create a system that works invisibly, in the background, without ever limiting your throttle. TSM can be fine tuned (or turned off) for different surfaces by simply adjusting the multi-function knob on the TQi transmitter, or by adjusting the slider in the Traxxas link app. The result is that you are driving faster, with more ease, and having more fun,with that fully connected feeling at the controls that you expect. In fact, you may not even realize how much TSM is helping you until you turn it off and test your driving skills without it!
- TSM makes Traxxas vehicles easier to drive, particularly on loose surfaces
- TSM makes driving more fun by allowing the driver to accelerate harder and drive faster with much greater control
- TSM works to stabilize vehicles over rough surfaces as the gyro effect of the spinning front tires continues to steer when the vehicle is in the air
- TSM dramatically improves braking performance, preventing the vehicle from spinning out
- TSM allows faster cornering speeds
- TSM never restricts throttle (or fun!)
- TSM allows the driver to accelerate harder when exiting a turn
- TSM works invisibly in the background
- The driver maintains their connected feel with the vehicle
- The amount of TSM assistance is fully adjustable
- TSM can be turned off or adjusted from the TQi Transmitter
- TSM is fully compatible with Traxxas Link
- TSM does not require any complicated set up or instructions.
The Slash VXL combines extreme brushless horsepower with the proven fun and durability that have made Slash the number-1 selling short course truck. Hardcore acceleration completely blows everything else away. Out of the box, Velineon is optimized to deliver the tire-melting horsepower, benchmark speed, and precision throttle response you expect from brushless. Best of all, it’s brushless done the Traxxas way: wicked fast and easy to use. There’s no tricky programming to figure out or a glossary of new vocabulary to learn. Just plug it in and it works.
Slash 58076-4 Features
- NEW Traxxas Stability Management (TSM)
- Scale dimensions and looks of actual short course off-road race trucks
- The Slash VXL reaches speeds in excess of 60mph with 3S LiPo & optional gearing (sold separately)
- Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor
- Consistent, high-power output, run after run
- Low-maintenance, unique Traxxas design
- Efficient, high-speed ball bearings
- Precision-balanced rotor
- Race in dirt, mud, water, and snow thanks to Traxxas innovative waterproof electronics
- TQi 2.4GHz transmitter
- Automatically stores and loads settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models – just switch on and drive, model selection is not required
- Multi-Function knob
- Adjustable steering and throttle percentage (dual rates)
- Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)
- Adjustable steering and throttle end points
- High 13ms frame rate and near-zero latency for responsive control
- TQi 2.4GHz TSM Receiver
- Compatible with optional Traxxas Link Wireless Module(#6511) for full Traxxas Link App capability
- Velineon VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control
- LiPo, NiCad, and NiMH compatible with two-stage low-voltage detection
- Sport Mode – Forward / Brake / Reverse
- Race Mode – Forward / Brake
- Training Mode – 50% Forward / Brake / 50% Reverse (patented)
- Traxxas High-Current Connector (patented)
- Digital high-torque waterproof steering servo
- 125 oz-in of torque and 0.16-second speed
- O-ring sealed watertight receiver box
- Speed control, receiver, and steering servo are securely fastened to chassis
- Long-wheelbase fiber-composite chassis
- 13.2 inch wheelbase
- Over 3.5 inches of ground clearance
- Easy access battery compartment
- Adjustable battery hold down accepts 6- and 7-cell flat packs and 7-cell hump packs
- Chassis nerf bars absorb impact and support the body
- Scale front and rear tube-style bumpers
- Body mounts incorporate reinforced washers for additional body support
- Efficient Magnum 272 metal-gear transmission with ball bearings
- Sealed gearbox protects the transmission with beefed up motor guard for extra protection
- Revo-Spec Torque-Control slipper clutch system
- External gear cover with easy slipper access
- Reliable composite planetary gear differential with a steel ring gear
- Heavy-duty telescoping U-joint driveshafts and yokes
- Heavy-duty 4mm steel turnbuckles and captured rod ends
- Captured rod ends won’t pop off for superior durability
- Precision hex hardware throughout
- Efficient rubber-sealed ball bearings
- Fully adjustable Ultra Shocks with X-ring technology
- Progressive rate white powder coated shock springs feature a race-tuned responsive spring rate
- Dual-bellcrank steering with integrated servo saver
- Heavy-duty telescoping universal-joint driveshafts, built for brushless power
- New brushless-specific suspension sttings for enhanced high-speed handling and stability
- Slash VXL is backed by unparalleled Traxxas support and parts availability
The Velineon Brushless Power system takes the guesswork out of enjoying the benefits of world-class brushless power. The system components work together as an optimized package, engineered from the start to deliver the ultimate in efficiency, speed, and run time. With the Slash VXL, Your battery selection determines your speed and skill level. Velineon accepts the widest range of battery types, including 3-cell Lithium Polymer packs (3S LiPo packs). These packs pump out over 11 volts of power for intense, skill level 5 speeds beyond 65mph! Nothing else even comes close. Built-in low-voltage detection in the VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control conveniently helps you maintain your LiPo battery packs in top condition.
The World’s Most Advanced Ready-To-Race Radio System
Traxxas Slash is equipped with the world’s most advanced Ready-To-Race radio system. The all-new Traxxas TQi arrives with a full complement of tuning features and offers the unbeatable convenience of “no channels, no crystals” 2.4GHz technology – but that’s just the beginning. Automatic model recognition instantly recalls your settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models. Just switch on and drive, no naming or “model memory” settings required. Power up the transmitter and the model you want to drive, and the settings for that model are dialed in immediately! The new TQi 2.4GHz transmitter is fully adjustable: steering and throttle end points can be set precisely, and the Multi-Function knob can be programmed to control Steering Sensitivity (Expo), Throttle Sensitivity (Expo), Steering Percentage (Dual Rate), Braking Percentage (Dual Rate), or Throttle Trim. TQi’s ergonomic case design provides all-day driving comfort, and the unique internal antenna contributes to its sleek, modern look.
Traxxas Link Wireless Module Compatible
The TQi’s most important new feature may already be in your pocket. The TQi can be equipped with anTraxxas Link Wireless Module #6511(sold separately) that turns your Android, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch (sold separately) into a powerful tuning tool for your Traxxas model. The full-color display combines with the free Traxxas Link App to deliver an intuitive, high-definition, full-color graphical user interface that unlocks the mysteries of optimizing your radio system for ultimate vehicle control. Traxxas Link also opens the door to telemetry capability when you add optional sensors to your model.
Waterproof Electronics For No-Limits R/C Excitement
Now a hallmark of Traxxas vehicles, Slash VXL is the latest model to be equipped with fully waterproof electronics to keep the fun rolling in water, mud and snow while lesser cars stay on the bench. The patent-pending sealed receiver box houses Traxxas’ newest 5-channel micro receiver and can accept aftermarket receivers as well, without compromising the models’ waterproof properties. The VXL-3s electronic speed control and high-torque, digital servo are sealed against the elements giving you the freedom go places other cars wouldn’t dare to venture.
Proven Velineon Brushless Power
The Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor is precision-matched for use in the 1/10th scale Slash VXL, delivering the perfect balance of brutal horsepower and efficiency. The sensorless design works with the sophisticated circuitry in the VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control for smooth starts and precise control, without the need for additional sensors and wiring. Since there are no brushes or commutator to cause friction and wear, Velineon brushless power is always fast, run after run.
The Velineon VXL-3s forward/reverse electronic speed control simplifies brushless technology with easy operation that gives you all the control you need for maximum fun. Quickly choose from 3 drive profiles in exactly the same manner as other Traxxas electronic speed controls (such as the XL-5). Profiles include: Sport, Race, and Training Mode (patented). Training Mode limits full-throttle power to 50% allowing young or new drivers to safely develop their control skills before unleashing the full-throttle capability of the Velineon system. Slash VXL’s performance can be tailored for drivers of any age and experience. High-frequency transistors and advanced circuit design deliver incredibly smooth and refined throttle control.
New Dual-Bellcrank Steering With Integrated Servo Saver
Originally developed for Slash 4X4, the Slash VXL’s steering bellcranks feature optimized geometry and a cam-type servo-saver to protect the servo’s gears from crash damage without compromising steering precision.
New Heavy-Duty Driveshafts
Brutal brushless horsepower would stress ordinary drivetrain components to their limits, so Slash VXL steps up with new, extra-strong telescoping universal-joint driveshafts. In combination with Slash’s Brushless Ready steel-gear transmission, the result is a Traxxas-Tough driveline that makes certain every watt of Velineon power is transformed into rocket-like thrust.
100% Fully Assembled and Ready-To-Race
Traxxas backs the Slash VXL and all of our products with top-notch support that is second to none. A staff of skilled representatives is on-hand at Traxxas to answer your questions via phone, website, or email. Unmatched parts support allows Slash VXL to be serviced easily should you ever need parts. Your investment is also protected by the Traxxas Lifetime Electronics Warranty. Traxxas goes the extra mile to ensure that your R/C experience is easy and fun (and fast!).
Length: 22.36 in (568mm)
Width: 11.65 in (296mm)
Height: 8.425 in (214mm)
Wheelbase: 13.2 in (335mm)
Weight: 90.37oz (2.562kg)
Radio: TQi 2.4GHz (2-channel)
4 AA batteries for transmitter
7-cell NiMH or 2S or 3S LiPo